Saturday, June 05, 2010

Projects

Becca and I have officially entered the nesting phase. The past couple of weeks we've been decorating the baby room and in the process thinking of ways to add decor to the rest of our home. I love it. I'm about to go saw the end off of an old door so we can over time transform it into a new headboard. The best part is that these projects result in us getting exactly what we want without paying a ton of money.

So, a lot of people aren't wondering what my thoughts are on becoming a father. Well, I'm going to tell you anyway. I'm totally ready for fatherhood. First off, I have a world famous pancake recipe that would knock your socks off. Second, I'm constantly turning off the television in order to protect it from the dreaded burn in. Third, I'm training my bladder so that whenever I gather the family into the car to go on some fun outing, I'll suddenly have to get out of the car and leave them waiting while I have a talk with mother nature. Forth, while I have never changed a diaper, I HAVE held down a baby while Becca changed her. Fifth, my BBQ skills are improving slowly but surely. I finally got our little grill to put out some real heat. The only thing I have to work on is watching Larry King without losing my mind.

1 comment:

KJV said...

Good luck with the Larry King thing.