Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Update to the Third Degree

First Degree
Every morning when I wake up, the first thing I want is to not be awake. The second thing I want is to be asleep. The third thing I want is for the first two wants to be realized. Usually the debate can last along time, resulting in skipping my morning shower and breakfast in exchange for an early afternoon shower and brunch. Today I had to break my routine a bit due to the impatient knocking on the front door. Low and behold, it was the manager requesting my assistance in the removal of our old couches. I was in a good mood for some odd reason, so I helped him. Usually I would be in a horrible foul mood because I had to do something that required spending more than 12 seconds with the manager. After 1 second with the manager my eye starts to twitch. After 2 seconds I explode. After 5 seconds my anger begins to condense. After 10 seconds my anger forms a super condensed black hole from which not even light can escape. After 12 seconds, oddly enough, dinosaurs somewhere in another solar system go extinct. Today was different though. It wasn't that bad. My irrational anger has begun to subside a bit. And hey, we got two new couches, two new end tables, a new coffee table, and two new lamps.

Second Degree
I'm stressed out about school and stuff, but that's just the status quo. Nothing new. I can't wait for my fate to be sealed. If I fail my classes, at least THIS semester will be over and I can relax over the Christmas break. For Christmas I'm flying to Texas where I'll see my family, and friends like Braxton and Mary! Then after Christmas I'll drive up to Phoenix with my Mom and Dad. Then Bright-eyed Becca will be flying to Phoenix! We'll probably go to Tucson for Alan's birthday, and then sometime we'll drive back with Alan to Provo. Maybe we can even fit in a round of miniature golf or go-carts in there somewhere. So many things to look forward to!

Third Degree
I can feel myself getting sick. My throat is tender and I'm getting the achy feeling I have whenever I get a fever. I'm taking a class on infection and immunity, so I should be able to diagnose/cure myself. Maybe that's what the final exam will be. Maybe yesterday they infected us with a malignant virus and the final will be one question....
1. Are you Sick?
a. Yes, and it sucks.
b. No, I cured myself a couple of days ago.
c. No, I cured all disease and was never even infected.
d. Yes, but it's due to a new disease I invented for the Government.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in Texas will you be heading?

amanda said...

I hope you were able to answer B C or D for your test, and if you did, why haven't you shared this cure with the rest of us? We have been your friends for a while-maybe it wasn't the government, but the residents of park place. If this is all true are we then like lab rats, Kyle I don't like being treated like those embryos that you dealt with over the summer.