Tuesday, June 05, 2007

1,2,3,4,5,6

It feels so good to finally feel like my life is in order again. I have a drivable car, I have two jobs, I got a raise, and my academic advisor said I shouldn't have any problem graduating in April. Yesterday I got a fortune cookie that told me "You will soon have the opportunity to improve your finances". It couldn't have been more right. Dillards hired me back and is willing to work with my hours so that I can work full time there and at the Smith Field House. Then I went to the Field House and was determined to demand a raise. Well, when I was about to do it, my boss looked up at me from where he was sitting and said, "Kyle, I'm gonna go ahead and make you Lead Student, and give you the raise that goes along with the position." BAM! I didn't even have to say anything. That fortune cookie knows it's stuff. I don't even feel like I'm sacrificing that much as far as my social life goes. What do I do between the hours of 9am and 4pm anyway? Nothing. So it shouldn't be much different from my previous situation. One difference will be working Saturdays. That's a bummer, but it will mean more freedom and availability for social activities in the fall. Oh...just a word of caution to Life....I haven't forgotten how you've treated me in the past...I'm not letting my guard down...I won't fall for your tricks!

Here is my darling niece Sydney waiting to go out on the boat.
Braxton and I hiked to a rock formation called the Lighthouse. I stopped to pick some flowers on the way back.
Here I am at the Lighthouse.
Here I am trying to climb just high enough to make it look like I know something about rock climbing.
MMMMMM.... The cake that Braxton and Kyle built.

No comments: