Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cupid's Poor Aim.


Valentine's Day was pretty neat. I was going to just stay home and study all night, but on Sunday Jeremy from work convinced me/committed me to ask someone out. So, that night I asked Chelsea after we played some games at Route 22. I told her to dress formal for the date just because I think it's fun to dress up, but I didn't have anything planned. It was going to be tough because I worked Tuesday and couldn't start the date until Ten. Monday I racked my brain for ideas, Would any restaurants be open? Are there any dances that late? What are we going to do? I didn't want to spend too much money and I can tell that she's the kind of girl that doesn't like guys to spend a lot of money on her. Monday night I went with Gavin to Wal-mart and it inspired me just like it always does. What do people in the movies always do for Valentine's Day? A Candle-lit Dinner! So I bought a red table cloth and candlesticks and a few other items. Tuesday was hectic. I had to take my three hour Cell Biology Test in the morning and then I had a three hour Molecular Biology Lab. I got home and only had thirty minutes to clean the house and finish getting everything ready before I had to go to work. Okay enough of preparations....On to the Date.

I picked her up at Ten and everything seemed to be going pretty good. She looked great in her dress which she partially made(I think that's awesome). We walked into the door and she saw the table set with the candles lit and she was probably surprised(hopefully not freaked out). Dinner was good and then we went to the park to swing, which was a lot of fun, and then we came back to my place for dessert. Chelsea is pretty, really cool, easy to talk to, and fun to hang out with. I must say that I took a shine to her, but unfortunately Cupid's arrow didn't so much as nick her. So, there isn't any point in me pursuing anything more than a friendship at this time. If she doesn't like me, she doesn't like me. I'm just not the kind of guy that will go to any extreme to win a girl's heart. Maybe that's my problem. It's a fact that girls like attention from guys they like, but when guys they don't like give them attention it only causes them stress. In a perfect world if a girl decided she didn't like a certain Gentleman Caller she would simply kick him in the face until he was unconscious. Sure, my nose would be broken 3/4 of the year, but at least there wouldn't be any mixed signals.

1 comment:

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.