Monday, November 29, 2010

Got a Flu Shot

I don’t worry about the flu shot being dangerous, but I don’t worry about the Flu that much either, so I never get the shot. This time Becca and I did it for Ruby’s sake. I figure there is zero chance that me getting a flu shot could hurt Ruby, but somewhat of a chance it could help her, so why not? Plus it was free.

The topic of vaccines reminds me that Ruby had her two month vaccinations. It was so sad! She cried and cried and cried. Now that she actually has tears, it’s really sad when she cries like that. I ended up going out in the Great Blizzard of 2010 to get her some baby Tylenol, but I’m glad I did because it seemed to help.

I tend to group different beliefs together as if they’re a package deal. Sometimes I immediately discount something because it’s in the same package as other things I don’t agree with. For example, I never worry about vaccines and plan on giving Ruby all of them, mainly because it’s recommended, but secondarily because I group not giving your children vaccines with organic food, which I hate. It would have been the same thing with circumcision if we had a boy. I can’t think of any reason why circumcision would be necessary, but I associate NOT circumcising your baby boy with organic food, so I would probably look up articles that support circumcision in order to justify it. I haven’t bothered seriously researching global warming for the same reason. If the global warming people win, somehow that translates to me having to eat organic food. You see, as a microbiologist, when I read “organic” on a product it means “contaminated”. I don’t consider it healthier in any way shape or form. The only thing that makes it healthier is that they don’t make organic Snickers. Call me old fashioned, but I’d rather have low levels of pesticides in my foods than the pests themselves.

Basically, liberals would have a better chance of converting me to their ideals if it weren’t for Organic Food.

No comments: