Sunday, April 02, 2006


I need to sleep, and I will sleep, but I would like to keep a daily account of my life, even if it is brief. Today I woke up and watched the first Sunday session of General Conference. I confess that I missed one of the talks in order to fill up my car with gas. I was sure to go to a pay at the pump station so that no one would be required to take my money. Although it would be fun, I don't feel like debating the ins and outs of Sabbath day observance right now. Then we all got together and made our way towards Salt Lake for the Afternoon session. We made it to the Conference Center with what we thought to be plenty of time, but I guess we were wrong. So instead of using our tickets to get in, we used them to pass notes as we sat in temple square and listened to Conference over the speakers. It was a ton-o-fun. Thank goodness for cootie shots. After conference Chelsea invited me over for dinner. She made some delectable bean soup and heavenly cornbread. Then I came home, took a nap, ate some orange sherbet, discovered my shirt was sewn shut, called Chelsea, and now I'm typing this up before I fall asleep.

Saturday, April 1, 2006

I woke up much earlier than I wanted to so I could go to work. I only had to work until four, which was great because it meant I was able to go with my roommates to the priesthood session of General Conference. Of course, looking back I realize that the night would have been much different for quite a few people had I stayed at work till six and skipped out on the priesthood session. So we went to Salt Lake and got there way too late and ended up watching it at the Legacy theater. On the way back I was exhausted. It's already been a really long weekend. We came home and opened the door to find that we had been pranked. Route 22 used their girls night out to have a little fun with our apartment. They took all of our right shoes, and stole our doors. There was also a lot of random stuff all over the place. At first I thought that they switched our things with stuff from someone else's apartment, but upon further inspection of the sign they left and the items themselves we realized that it was just a bunch of treasures from good ol' DI. We took a moment to inspect the apartment and then had a small apartment meeting where we discussed our plan of action. Do we get mad or do we get even? Well, all I can tell you is that we're not mad.

Friday, March 31, 2006

I did some school stuff, went to Chelsea's soccer game, and then had a really fun date with her. We tried to get a bite to eat at Chili's, but there was an hour long wait so we aborted that mission. We ended up going to Costa Vida/Azul. They make a killer burrito. Then we saw Schultze Gets the Blues, got ice cream, were sent on a pointless errand and then watched The Hudsucker Proxy. Thank goodness for cootie shots. I enjoyed the night a lot and came home happy and started to go to bed, but my "spider sense" told me that something was terribly wrong with the fabric of the universe. Alan was outside talking to Councilina Bluffs so I got dressed and went outside and started walking laps around the neighborhood and looking over to see if he was done talking yet. When I walked by and saw that he was no longer on the phone, we started walking and I found out that my worst nightmare had become a reality. Alan and Councilina Bluffs are no longer Alan and Councilina Bluffs. Now they're just Alan........and...........Councilina Bluffs. I didn't cry and I didn't beat anyone up, but I was very unsettled. So me and Alan just kept walking until we reached Beto's, a 24 hour Mexican food place. The food made me wish I had no stomach. Then we walked home and went to bed around 6:00 in the morning.

No comments: