Monday, March 20, 2006

Mr. Kinase Expert


I did some pretty good studying today. I have two major tests tomorrow that could make or break me. I mean, I have two ominous tests tomorrow that WILL break me. Only having science classes and only studying science has been playing with my brain and invading my dreams. I dreamt that I was at some convention and there was a man sitting behind a table with a sign that said KINASE EXPERT or something to that effect. In the dream it was perfect because I just happened to have a question about Kinases. So I walked up and said, "Hey, I'm studying the pathway of the Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone and I'm having trouble figuring out the order of phosphorylation. I know that MapK is first because when I inhibit it nothing else gets phosphorylated, but I can't inhibit any of the other Kinases. What other method could I use?" He just looked at me and didn't say anything. I couldn't tell if he didn't know the answer or if my question was so simple that it was wasting his precious time. I woke up a little uneasy. I just went jogging with Gavin and Alan. It killed me. I'm so out of shape that if I were supposed to be a square right now, I would actually be a 150 pound tub of Jello. It was fun though.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Church was church and work was work. I spoke to the folks. I can't remember anything else very eventful. Tonight Gavin had a great idea that we are formulating into an awesome plan, but unfortunately, I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I spent all day at work. I got home in time to hang out a bit and then to go see the Chronicles of Narnia with the ward. I approve of the movie. I did not feel like my time was wasted.

Friday, March 17, 2006

I was going to try out my grappling hook tonight, but instead Megan and her friend Katy picked me up and we went to Chili's and ate with all of their friends. I got the boneless buffalo chicken salad. I decided on a salad because yesterday Kevin got a salad at Carl's Jr. and it looked really good.

No comments: