Thursday, March 09, 2006

The DVD


Yesterday was another great day. The highlight was the arrival of the Hudsucker Proxy. About five years ago I decided that when people asked me what my favorite movie was I would say, "The Hudsucker Proxy." It didn't take me long to realize that very few people have seen this masterpiece of cinema. Now that I own it, I can share the experience of the Hud with all of my friends and loved ones. I listened to more Franz Ferdinand and danced a little bit more. I also practiced for our recording of "A Million Ways to be Cruel" by oK Go. Today wasn't as wonderful as the past two days were. I was more reflective than manic. I was digging around in my suitcases trying to find something and I came across my journal. The last entry I made was my first day in Oregon. It was kind of sad to read what I was thinking the days between my return home from my mission and that fateful day that I took the bus to Oregon. A lot has changed since then.

No comments: