Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another Week Bites the Dust


I made it through another week of school. I did better on my chemistry quiz but I have a long way to go if I hope to win an A. I hate classes that grade on the true curve. It makes the class nothing but competition with everyone else. A common conversation is:
"So, how did you do on the test?"
"It was really hard, but I pulled off an A"
"Crap! I hate you! Get out of my face you grade hog!"
Work also went okay. I did have a few problems with some very picky people though. I think that from now on I'll just refuse to sell suits to them. One guy came up and asked if he could try on a packaged dress shirt. I told them that I could measure him and tell him what size he needed(you see it's a pain to take all those pins and cardboard and plastic things out of a shirt and then try to put them all in again so we usually don't let people try them on.) Well after I gave him that option he said in a rude and short tempered way. "Are you gunna let me try it on or not." Maybe a few years ago I would have said, "Ok sir, I'll let you try it on." buy not now. Now I never let rude people have their way. I will not be bullied into giving anyone special treatment just because they're jerks. My response to this man was, "No." He threw the shirt on the counter and left. It felt great.
In other news, somehow I managed to get another Saturday off from work. I didn't have any plans, other than a review session on campus, so I called up Chelsea and we went to eat some icecream with chopsticks. Then we were going to go swing in the rain and wind, but alas, I locked my keys in the car, so we ended up watching a movie and swapping stories and thoughts. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed Chelsea's company. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey embarrassment, um, I'm that guy that wanted to try on the shirt that day at Dillard's. I just wanted to see what I looked like in it, you gay vat of grotesque vulture droppings! Since you didn't let me have my way, I've completely changed. I'm not a jerk anymore. Except for the insult. And a couple other things.

Kyle said...

I could have told you how you would look in it. BAD! and....You're ugly!