Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Intrepid

My car is dead. The poor Intrepid made a few croaking noises yesterday, but today only silence. I would like to take a moment to remember some of the good times we have shared. One day while I was in Oregon I decided that I wanted to buy a car. I went to a lot and the first car I saw was the beautiful bluish-green 1997 Dodge Intrepid. Until that moment I didn't believe in love at first site. I rushed to the bank the next day and pulled out a large chunk of my savings so that I could pay cash for my new car. She was too precious for monthly payments, I wanted her to be mine immediately. Even if I had known that our time together would be so short I still would have taken her home with me. Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

We have been on many adventures since that moment. I had to leave Oregon sooner that expected and my Intrepid took me all the way to my new home in Utah. She didn't complain or ask why. She just knew that I needed her and she did what she could to make my journey comfortable. In Utah she took me to find my new job and helped me get groceries and supplies for my new home. She was always so reliable. We got into trouble in Idaho as we searched for the elusive Civil defense Caves. We accidentally took a wrong turn and ended up on a dangerous dirt road not even suitable for a Monster Truck. Poor Intrepid received many wounds on this trip as she tried to protect me and my friends, but she got us out safe and carried us all the way back to Utah. Later my daring Intrepid accompanied me on a second attempt to conquer the caves. This time we found them and she waited outside as another friend and I explored the caves' depths. Just before Christmas we came home from work and I decided that I wanted to go to Las Vegas. I made reservations at the Sahara and surprised Intrepid in the morning. She was so excited. That's one thing I really love about her. She is always ready to pick up and go somewhere at a moments notice. It kills me to see her like this. She can't move. I turn the key and nothing happens. I don't know how I could go on without her. I can't! I can't go on without her! I have to save her! SURELY SOMETHING CAN BE DONE!

No comments: