Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Chile con Queso

For the past 6 months or so I have said that there are only two things keeping me from dropping out of school and leaving the country. One of those "things" vanished a few weeks ago and only one is left and I'm starting to question whether or not that one connection is strong enough to keep me from doing it. I have thought a lot about how great it would be to just go back to Chile and leave everything behind. I could sell ice cream on the busses or teach English or work at a department store selling suits. I could return to the US periodically to get a job and earn money and then go back to Chile and live off of that money for a long time. If I got sick of Chile I could go to Europe or anywhere else. I am one hundred percent positive that if my circumstances were just a tiny bit different I would do it. But my situation is what it is and my best option at the moment is to continue with school and get a degree. One thing is certain; however. If the day of graduation arrives and I have no "significant other" or career lined up, I will immediately leave.

No comments: