Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend of Wedding Planning

Becca's family came into town for a weekend jam packed with wedding preparation. I missed most of it due to work, but I was there for the wedding invitations. Wow. I had no idea it was so complicated. I imagined going to the local Halmark store and picking some cards that play Bon Jovi when you open them. That's how I get cards for anything else. But with wedding invitations there's so much etiquette involved. I had no idea what I was looking at most of the time, but I'm happy with the final product. The next exciting things for me are finding a place to live, and taking engagement photos. That's gonna be fun. I'm glad Becca's family is so awesome. I really lucked out. I'll never have to worry about a stressful visit by in-laws that I don't get along with. I imagine that it's going to make my life so much easier.

Now it's back to school and back to work. My boss was fired and now there's some new guy in charge. My best guess is that work will be more stressful, but there will be better benefits and possibly even better pay. I have to work Saturdays now too. It was really nice when saturdays were optional, but at least I'll have a night off during the week now.

No comments: