Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Accidents Happen

I broke a bone in two places today. It's okay though because it wasn't MY bone. I broke someone else's jaw. It's okay though because the person has been dead a long time. You see, I was buffing the floor of the cadaver room and I accidentally hit a table. There was a skull on the table and it fell off and shattered the mandible. I don't know what will happen to me now. My first instinct was to cover it up and deny everything, but then this weird adult like conscience took over and made me tell my boss what happened. If anyone has a skull they want to sell me for 10 bucks, I'll be glad to take it off their hands (or neck). In other news, I saw an owl for the first time today. I was locking up the tennis courts and I saw a bird wearing a funny hat. Then when I got closer I realized it was a bird with a big head. But then I got even closer and saw that it wasn't a bird at all; it was an owl! THEN, I realized that owls ARE birds! It was awesome. I tried taking a picture, but my new phone doesn't have a flash. I tried to talk to it but it wouldn't talk back. It was within reach, so I tried to grab it, but it flew away.

I kind of feel bad about crushing a human skull. I'm going to have some interesting dreams tonight.

4 comments:

jacob said...

Why may not that be the skull of a lawyer? Where be his quiddities now, his quillets, his cases, his tenures, and his tricks? why does he suffer this rude knave now to knock him about the sconce with a [floor buffer], and will not tell him of his action of battery? Hum!

Cannon said...

Sorry about the noggon thing. I broke a skull once too. I imagine breaking somebody else's would make you feel a whole lot worse though. I'll watch your back. You never know when a crazy owl will come swooping out from behind.

Lillian said...

Basically, I think you should feel like Hamlet now... "Alas, poor Yorick" and all that. Except way better because you beat that ridiculous Yorick character down!

P.S. did you know that Yorick was a jester back in the day? doesn't seem to be a very promising career.

jacob said...

Lillian,
I love you for picking up the the Hamlet lines.