Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Kyle the Tender Hearted

Okay, I take it back. Don't sue me. My lawyer was busy all day yesterday and is beginning to get disgruntled. At work I overheard a conversation of an older couple that I had been helping. They referred to me as, "that tender-hearted boy". Being nice and helpful is okay, but as Adam said, "calling a boy tender-hearted is like saying a girl is a 'sweet spirit'." So, I just assume that in old people talk it's meant as a complement. Adam said that the same day he was called "bubbly". Ouch! Bubbly!?! That's horrible. People can be so cruel.

I made some progress yesterday. Now that I know what's wrong with me, I can take steps towards fixing myself. I don't know how long it'll take. Maybe a month. Maybe a year. Hopefully less than a year. A year is a long time. A year ago I was quitting my job back in Texas and packing up for my 43 hour bus ride to Oregon. That was a major turning point in my life. I don't know if it was a mistake or not. Either way, I find myself still learning and realizing things from the experience.

No comments: