Sunday, March 05, 2006

The 80's and Me

The 80's loves me and I love her back. A lot of people dog on my good friend the 80's. They say that they don't like her movies, or her music, or her fashion, or her politics. They have the right to their own opinion, but it doesn't change the way things are. She is the best thing that could have happened to this country. I know that she is the best thing that has happened to me. Last night I went over to Megan's house and watched a good ol' fashioned movie starring John Cusack. It was more a chick flick than anything, but I still liked it. There were some great lines in it like, "You invade my soul."

Today I went to church and saw the new bishop. We were all disappointed because he doesn't look like anyone famous (our previous bishops include Gordon B Hinckley and William Shatner), but I'm sure he'll be a fine bishop anyway. I'm not going to be rushing to finish any homework now or tomorrow morning because I actually did it all on Friday. It feels great. I hope I can continue to have this same kind of discipline.

No comments: