Thursday, February 09, 2006

Death


A maintenance without interruption of the condition, course, or action or the continuance in the same state without fundamental or marked change of a temporary or final ceasing of all concerned with or necessary to the maintenance of a principle or force that is considered to underlie the distinctive quality of animate beings and the action for which the person or thing is specially fitted or used or for which the thing has real being whether being of a physical or worldly nature or of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the immaterial intelligent or sentient part of a person.

Chelsea took me to see the cadaver in the anatomy lab this afternoon. It was creepy and the image has been permanently burned into my mind. When I walked into the room I just looked at the floor until Chelsea gave me some gloves and it was time to turn around and tell that cadaver who was boss. It really did look like roast beef. She wasn't kidding. I don't know if Chelsea could tell, but I was starting to feel sick because of the smell of formaldehyde, or whatever preservative they use, and the dead cut open body lying before me. Maybe she COULD tell because we didn't stay long and she seemed surprised when I still wanted to go get roast beef sandwiches at Arby's. I'm glad she suggested it. I love Arby's.

I won't bother mentioning any other parts of the day. They just seem so insignificant when compared to seeing "roast beef" man and eating roast beef.

No comments: